Thursday 6 June 2013

The Naughty Girls Book Club by Sophie Hart


A quaint suburb.
A quiet little reading group.
A very naughty reading list…

Estelle sets up a book group in order to increase custom to her struggling small town cafe, what follows is more scandalous than she could have ever imagined… As the first book club meeting flounders, Estelle suggests a spot of erotica to spice up the members lives – with trepidation the decision is accepted. Inspired by their sizzling reads, this group of shy suburban readers shake off their inhibitions and discover a new side to themselves with some tantalising results.


The Naughty Girls book Club by Sophie Hart is certainly not one of those books you can judge by its cover. When I began reading the first page of this book my initial thought was here is another predictable bonkbuster!
I couldn't have been more wrong.

The book follows a great group of characters who have met at a new book club run by the lovable Estelle. The book club is held in Estelle’s café and was an idea to bring more trade to Café Crumb, but it’s not long before a firm friendship begins to grow between the group. The books they read are all variations of erotica and we get to see what affects the books and the book club has on each of the characters love lives.

The author has brought to life five down to earth characters in this book and I loved every one of them. They were all extremely well developed characters and all played a huge part in this book, which is unusual to find five full bodied main characters in a book. Once again this book misleads us as from the title I assumed that it was going to be all girls in the book club but there is actually a guy there too, Reggie and he is a great geeky, intelligent and sheltered character. Reggie was a lovely addition to the girls in the book club.

The storyline was very enjoyable and entertaining. The book was not what I was expecting at all and it was a fabulous read that I very nearly missed reading as I totally expected to have handcuffs and vibrators on every page! Although there were some sexual scenes they were entertaining and in context and by no means did I find them crude.

The book was fast paced and impossible to put down. I loved the whole book from start to finish. The book club theme is something new to me I have never read a book that has this as a topic so it made a nice change. There really is something for everyone in this book, and I am sure it will have you laughing away on many occasions, I had a little chuckle to myself when I was doing a massage at work and had an image of George in my head saying “I am not a salad!”


This was a very clever storyline that had me hooked and it is certainly one that I will be recommending, I can’t wait for more books by Sophie Hart.


Paperback              Kindle

1 comment:

  1. I just finished this book. I enjoyed it. It makes a lot of sense, particularly if you've read some erotica. It felt like I was reading a story and yet was somehow involved, because of the fact that I've actually read many of the books they speak of. Most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS